Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Mother's Day Project




For my mom's first Mother's Day as a Grandma I made her a stepping stone for her garden. Grace was just 10 months and we made an imprint of her hand and decorated it with colored glass. My mom LOVED it! She asked that we make one every year on Mother's Day. My dad also loved the stones and asked that we make him one for Father's day too. When they moved into their new house, my parents planned a place for the stones with room to grow over the years. It is a special tradition that we always have fun doing. So here are a couple of pictures of us making my mom's stone this year.

















1 comment:

monica said...

I found your blog from the IAC site and just wanted to tell you that I love this idea. First of all, your daughter is adorable. I love the stone idea for Grand parent gifts and that you can do one each year. See how she grows, brilliant! I am going to remember this when we have a little one. My parents are right now building a new house too and putting a pool in. These would be precious around the pool area. I have enjoyed reading through your blog!