Thursday, May 15, 2008

First Roller Coaster

Roller coasters have been a part of my life since I rode my first one before I could speak full sentances. I LOVE roller coasters! I remember going to Kennywood Park when I was little and begging to go on the roller coasters. The Little Dipper was the first one I rode. I needed and wanted more after that first ride ... The next one was the Jack Rabbit. I was so little that my mom had to wrap her arms around me to hold me in my seat on the killer double hill ... all the while I laughed like crazy! Roller coasters hold a lot of special momories for me. I got to go off with my mom, grandma, and pappy and ride the roller coasters while my dad stayed with my little brother and sister. My brother and sister never grew to like roller coasters until they were adults so it was always a special time that I got to spend with the adults.

Yesterday we took the day off and took Grace to Disneyland. Our annual passes are about to expire at the beginning of June so we wanted to get one more trip in. It's so crowded and hot in the summer so we probably won't renew our passes until the fall.

The day was beautiful. We got on the road at about 6:30 and after a stop at Starbuck's we headed north on the 5 freeway. We walked up to the front gates just after the park opened at 9:15 am. Our plan was to head straight to Nemo. The lines had been so long all of the other times we were there. We waited 45 minutes to ride it and it was ok. Next we headed to Mickey's Toontown where we went straight to the Go Coaster. I couldn't wait to take Grace on her first roller coaster. I was hoping she would love it ... I was not disappointed. She smiled and laughed during the whole ride. As soon as we got off she wanted to ride again. It made me so HAPPY!

We are in the front car, I will try to edit the picture for a close up.

No comments: