Saturday, September 08, 2007

Shoe Fetish


It's official, our daughter has a shoe fetish! Last weekend we went to the mall on a hunt for a dress for Grace to wear for my cousin's wedding at the end of the month. Did you know that no stores have toddler dresses right now? After going to Gymboree, Children's Place, JC Penny, Target, Walmart, Sears and Mervyn's I thought that I would never find a dress for her. As a last resort on Wednesday I suggested to Tim that we go to Fashion Valley to try Macy's and Baby Gap. We had gift certificates to both places so I was hoping we would have some luck at one of them. As it turned out Baby Gap had a bunch of cute dresses. We picked out a cranberry colored dress that has fall colored flowers on it ... very cute! I got Grace out of her stroller so I could hold the dress up to her and she immediately spotted a wall of shoes and made a beeline toward them. She looked at each and every pair and ohhhhed and ahhhed. I spotted a pair that were so cute and matched her dress so I grabbed them. After struggling to get Grace back in the stroller we headed to the register to pay. As the salesperson put the shoes in the bag Grace threw a huge fit, apparently she wanted to wear the shoes right then. So the salesperson was nice enough to cut the tags off and Grace got to wear her new shoes home. On the way home Grace fell asleep so we gently got her out of the car and to her room. I laid her on the changing table and changed her diaper while she continued to sleep. I attempted to slip off her new fancy shoes and she immediately woke up and screamed ... SHOES!! It was soooooo funny! After Grace was asleep in her bed Tim quickly slipped the shoes out of her room and he stuck them on top of our dresser, but I hadn't noticed. The next morning Grace was sitting in our bed watching her Baby Einstein video when she spotted the shoes and started yelling ... SHOES, SHOES! Of course she had to wear them to daycare that day. Lora, our daycare lady, said Grace kept saying pretty shoes all day. She cracks up up! Needless to say, those shoes are safely hidden away, out of site for now.
***

No comments: