Friday, September 14, 2007

Big Girl Bed


We decided to bite the bullet and buy a "big girl bed" for Gracie. Her crib is a 3-in-1 (crib, toddler bed and full size bed) but grace is getting so long that if she lays flat with her feet touching one end and reaches above her head she can almost touch the other end of the crib. Also, she is getting really good at climbing out of her crib. She's getting so good at it that I am not even afraid she is going to hurt herseld anymore. I don't want to convert the crib to a full size bed because it would be way too big for her room, she would have no room to play. So ... after much discussion we decided to buy her a regular twin size bed that she can use for a long, long time. At first I was looking at Craig's list everyday to see if I could find a used bed but I hadn't had any luck. I was looking around online and found the cutest bed at a really great price from http://www.jcpenny.com/ . It was just perfect for her room so I bought it and it arrived yesterday.

We are really nervous about changing her over. I wonder how she is going to handle it. We decided to wait to do it until we come back from our trip to Pittsburgh at the end of the month, so we will keep you posted. Here is a picture of the bed.










2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That little bed is just so cute!! You must be crazy though...I'm going to keep Benjamin in his crib until he's about...5 years old!

Lanny said...

We have that same bed, and we love it!

~Jen (IAC)